When I was newly postpartum, a lovely friend brought me these amazing lactation friendly peanut butter balls that were so nice to have around and just grab when I needed a snack. I scoured the web looking for the recipe that matched. I found this one at TheBabyGoat.com and it is amazing!
I have changed it A LOT though over the past year a a half, and have added even more nutritional yumminess! I have also doubled the recipe (sorta).
In stand mixer mix:
- 2 cups dry rolled oats + 2 cups finely ground dry rolled oats
- 1 cup ground flaxseed and chia seed (in whatever ratio you like)
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds, and/or hemp hearts
- 4-8 tablespoons brewer’s yeast (optional – though a GREAT source of nutrients and protein)
- 1-2 tbsp turmeric and/or cacao powder. (optional)
Add, while mixer is running:
- 1-2 tbsp vanilla or almond (or both) extract
- 2/3 cup honey – mix well
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4-1/2 cup room temp butter (depending on how okay you are with eating lots of butter 😉
At this point add nut butter (peanut, cashew, sunflower seed, almond, etc) until it holds together to be able to form balls.
I then add:
- 1/2-1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2-1 cup chopped nuts
Roll into balls, put into bowl, eat all the time! (or as I all too often do, don’t make into balls, eat with spoon out of mixing bowl every time you walk by the kitchen…)
These are so yummy and addictive. They are chock-full of healthy ingredients, so you can snack guilt free. Enjoy!